Vacancy for Legal Executive in Baku, Azerbaijan
British American Tobacco is looking for Legal Executive in Baku, Azerbaijan
Appointment type: Permanent
Job purpose and key deliverables
Provide continuous comprehensive legal and external relations’ support to the Company’s Departments in order to ensure the Company’s stable development and increase of efficiency of its commercial and productive activities. To provide all information analysis and consultations to the management and employees of the Company in order to assist them to take informed and reasonable business decisions.
1. Ensure that all potential threats of any types of litigations are properly understood, communicated and acted upon in a timely manner.
2. Ensure through close co-operation with the MarketinDepartment and the GM that the LEX Function participates in all smoking/health and marketing freedom related legislation that are under discussion.
3. Continuous monitoring and in time/in full information delivery n current and upcoming legislation, providing recommendations to the Company’s management in relation to enactment of new legislation.
4. Provide assessments with risk analysis of all legal and company image related matters that affect the Company’s commercial activities and perform all tasks required as the Senior Legal Counsel to the Company.
5. Provide reports to the LEX Department in BAT Area HQ.
6. Carrying out the analysis of amendments in the legislation that may have a negative effect on the Company’s investment activity. To prepare proposals and recommendations for the management of the Company in order to maintain the favourable investment conditions.
7. To control and manage all legal corporate activity of the Company.
8. Maintaining necessary contacts with governmental structures and organisations that are in any way related to the Company’s activity.
9. To explain and or analyse new internal regulations/procedures or other documents of legal nature. Providing legal support in the course of introduction of amendments to current internal regulations/procedures or other documents of the Company.
- The job holder needs to be a qualified lawyer with at least 5 years of professional legal experience in a reputable International legal practice.
- Good understanding of International Business, macro economic issues and the company’s strategic objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- A reasonable level of computer literacy is also essential.
- Local Tax Code
- Excellent Knowledge of Excel
- Excellent knowledge of 1C
- Compliance with all legislation, policies and procedures
- Continuous Business Development
- To be respectful when interacting with other individuals both internal and external
- To act responsibly and professionally at all times
- Punctual and Courteous at all times
- Team Player
- Continuous Self Development
Working at BAT British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Employing company: B.A.T (U.K. and Export) Limited Representative Office in the Republic of Azerbaijan
Removal Date: 09-Aug-2017