Summer School ”Advocacy and Migration Policies”
The Research and Information Center on Immigrant Integration (CDCDI) of the Romanian Association for Health Promotion (ARPS), launches the call for applications to its International Summer School on migration to be held in July 2017.
The International Summer School “Advocacy and Migration Policies” is open to students and professionals working in the field of migration and human rights, interested to find more about migration from different perspectives, to know people from this area and to have the opportunity to change ideas and know-how about migration policies.
The summer school will expose the participants to a selected core of knowledge on migration, the politics of migration and key-tools to influence the migration policies. It offers the participants the opportunity to interact with and benefit from the experience of speakers and specialized organisations.
The summer school targets both students interested in migration policies and professionals working on migration issues. Eligibility conditions:
- Bachelor/master degree in a relevant field (e.g. social sciences, law, economy etc.);
- Significant professional experience in migration field;
- Very good knowledge of English (speaking and writing);
- Availability to attend the entire programme.
For selected participants the organisers will cover the accommodation, meals, materials.
How to apply?
The persons interested in attending the summer school are invited to submit a CV alongside an essay to [email protected].
Requirements for the essay:
- Should refer to one of the following topics: migration policies in destination countries, migration practices and support services to migrants, public perception of refugees and migrants;
- Should have maximum 1,500 words, including: title, abstract, text body, references & contact, and use 12 pt Times New Roman font at 1.5 line spacing.
The essays will be selected through double blind peer review.
For more information please visit the official web page.