2017 Groningen Energy Summer School
The Groningen Energy Summer School (GESS) 2017 takes an interdisciplinary approach to the societal and technological dimensions of the energy transition. By combining a broad range of disciplines, this event will offer a unique opportunity to PhD students to become aware of different aspects of energy transition, to develop novel insights, and to create synergy in approaches to the energy transition. This 6th summer school in a highly successful series discusses energy transition ‘in your own backyard’. In the fossil fuel based energy system citizens and local companies play a passive role as consumers of fuels, gas and electricity. Renewables challenge this in multiple ways. The implications of renewable production tend to be contested, often in ‘not in my backyard’ (NIMBY) terms.
- This summer school is intended for PhD candidates/students;
- It is expected that the participants have a sufficient command of the English language to actively participate in the discussions and to present their own work in English.
- A limited number of scholarships are available to qualified applicants coming from non-OECD countries;
- Scholarships cover full tuition fees and accommodation during the summer school;
- EC/Certificate – Participants can receive a certificate worth the equivalent of 5 ECTS.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Motivation letter;
- Proof of current enrollment at a university;
- Transcript of records;
- A copy of passport/ID.