Summer School Social Cohesion BIGSSS
The summer school focuses on the interplay between social cohesion and cultural, ethnic, religious plurality, in times of societal transformations and increasing migration flows around the globe. Participants will have the opportunity to assess and discuss the impact of socio-structural, institutional, political as well as individual factors on social cohesion at different levels of a societal organisation. Next, to the question as to what promotes social cohesion, the summer school pays equal attention to the importance of cohesion for the well-being of social entities and individuals, both in the OECD World and the Global South in light of key indicators.
- The summer school is targeted at MA and early PhD students from universities around the world with a social science background who work on questions closely related to topics of social cohesion;
- Applicants must have experience with advanced quantitative methods. However, applicants who have this experience are welcome to also apply with project sketches that encompass qualitative and mixed-methods approaches.
- There is no program fee;
- Board, lodging and support with travel costs are included for all accepted participants of the summer school;
- Travel assistance is offered as a refund against receipts and proof of payment;
- With the prospective letter of admission, successful applicants will be informed about the maximum travel assistance they are offered.
How to Apply?
For guidelines on how to apply visit their website:
- Submissions require a letter of motivation;
- Current CV;
- Statement on methods experience;
- Project sketch;
- Comprehensive contact details of two academics, who would be willing to write a reference letter for shortlisted applicants.