Wilfried Martens Master Scholarships at KU Leuven in Belgium, 2017-2018
In order to conserve, spread and deepen Wilfried Martens’ European political heritage and ideas, Mrs Miet Smet-Martens, the European People’s Party and his Alma Mater have established the KU Leuven Wilfried Martens Fund. The Fund supports academic education and research activities and projects focused on the themes that were dear to Wilfried Martens during his European political career, such as the EU’s institutional architecture, its neighbourhood policy and the development of European parties and foundations. The Fund also pays attention to the relationship between politics and religion, the dialogue between religions, and to the European aspirations of the countries of the Western Balkans and the Eastern Partnership. The Fund establishes the ‘Wilfried Martens Scholarship’ for students from non-EU Member States allowing them to follow the Master of European Politics and Policies at KU Leuven during the academic year 2017-2018. Students that are eligible and who wish to study an English taught one year master degree at the KU Leuven are invited to apply for the scholarship.
Applicants are only deemed eligible if the following criteria are met:
- Applicants from all provinces and regions of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo.
- Applicants must have a 4 Year University Degree (3 Year Bachelors + 1 Year Masters) or (4 Year Bachelors of 240 ECTS Credits)
- Accepted degrees are in the fields of Political Science, Sociology, Law, Economics or Contemporary European History. For a complete list: see Rules of procedure 2.1.
- Degree grade achieved should be ‘cum laude’ (‘honours’ / ‘distinction’ / Upper Second Class / 3.5 GPA)
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to prove that they are a C-level on the Common Framework of the Reference level of the Council of Europe. The MEPP programme only accepts two tests as valid: TOEFL internet-based 100/120 or IELTS 7.0/9.
The Scholarship includes:
- Monthly paid living expenses
- Tuition Fee
- Affiliation with a Belgian Health Insurance Company
- Third Party Liability Insurance
Submission of the online application to the International Admissions Unit of KU Leuven. The file consists primarily of the application form and other relevant documents to be enclosed with the form:
- Copies of university diploma(s)
- Detailed transcripts of academic records in English, Dutch, French or German or an officially authenticated translation in one of these languages; mentioning grades and marks.
- An official explanation of the grading system used in the academic institution(s) where the student pursued his/her graduate studies.
- Proof of proficiency in English (i.e. TOEFL/IELTS)
- Motivation letter (+/- 2 pages) regarding your application for the Master of European Politics and Policies as well as the Wilfried Martens Scholarship.
- A recommendation letter
- Copy of passport
Scholarship application deadline is March 1, 2017.
If you have any questions, please write to: email@example.com.