MA in Interdisciplinary Research and Studies on Eastern Europe
MIREES is a joint program offered by the University of Bologna, Italy, together with the Vytautas Magnus University in Kaunas (Lithuania) and St. Petersburg State University (Russia). Enrolled students spend the first year in Forlì. In the second year a minimum of 5 months will be spent at one of the Partner Universities or, in particular cases, at other Mireesassociated Universities (Universities of Zagreb, University of Ljubljana, Corvinus University). A mobility grant is offered to all enrolled students, thanks to Erasmus + or the MIREES mobility scheme.
MIREES is taught entirely in English (120 ECTS). The curriculum offers interdisciplinary, in-depth knowledge of post-socialist countries in transition, new EU member states, and new East-European neighbor countries. Students develop language skills by learning one Eastern European language (3 levels of Russian, Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, Bulgarian, Slovak; Hungarian and Lithuanian are available in the second year. The number of available places for the academic year 2017/2018 is 50, of which 20 for Non-EU candidates.
- The degree programme is suited for students with a BA in Economics, Politics, International Relations, History, Languages and cultural studies in general as well as for prospective PhD students;
- A knowledge of English at minimum of B2 Level, according the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;
- A suitable personal preparation, assessed on the basis of the documents submitted by the candidates;
- Basic IT skills;
- EU students and non-EU students with equivalent status.
5 benefits of Euro 2.000 per academic year to international students who enrol in the 1st year of the academic year 2017/2018.
How to apply?
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Application form (downloadable from Studentionline) and motivation letter;
- Provisional study plan (form downloadable from Studentionline);
- Graduation certificate with a list of exams passed;
- 2 reference letters;
- English certificate of B2 level among IELTS, TOEFL, FCE, a certificate issued by a University Language Centre.
Two evaluation sessions are scheduled: the first one, with deadline May, 17th 2017, is open to all candidates; the second one, with deadline September, 4th 2017 is for EU students and non-EU students with equivalent status
For more information please visit the official web page.