5th International Flash Fiction Competition 2017
The César Egido Serrano Foundation launches the V International Flash Fiction Competition. The contest is open to writers and authors from all over the world. The work must be original and the stories are not allowed to exceed 100 words.
Keeping in mind the Foundation’s ethos, which is that the word is the tool of coexistence between different cultures, religions, and ideologies, the 5th International Flash Fiction Competition is open, under the motto: The Word, bridging the gap between different cultures and religions.
- Originals whose theme will be free (two per author, maximum) will be written in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, Arabic or Hebrew;
- The stories cannot exceed 100 words. They will be sent exclusively by completing the online form that will be found on the website of the Foundation: www.fundacioncesaregidoserrano.com The texts will be original, unpublished in all media (paper, blogs, electronic publications, etc…) and must not been awarded prizes in any other contest. Those who do not meet this condition will be disqualified;
- Texts that do not comply with any of the rules will be disqualified.
- An overall first prize of USD 20,000 is awarded for the best story in any of the languages authorized in the contest;
- Three prizes of USD 1,000 each will be awarded for the best stories in each of the other remaining languages admitted in the contest, that is not winners of the main prize.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should visit the website and apply by filling out the online application form.
The deadline for submission of originals will end at 24h (Spanish peninsular time) of the International Day of the Word as a Bond of Humankind (motto of the Foundation), on November 23rd, 2017.
The jury will make a selection of the finalists it deems appropriate. The list of finalist titles will be published on the website of the César Egido Serrano Foundation.
The César Egido Serrano Foundation reserves the right to publish the finalist stories.
For more information please visit the official website.