International Call for Applicants: The Hopper Prize 2018
The Hopper Prize is a grant-making institution and exhibition platform offering a series of individual artist grants totaling $5,000.00 USD administered through an open call juried by leading curators.
In a time when many sources of direct funding for individual artists have been reduced or eliminated, The Hopper Prize offers artists direct, unrestricted financial assistance. Our organization awards 5 grants annually. Winning artists are selected through an open call for proposals. The Hopper Prize is a merit based grant. Winners are chosen based on the quality of their work. Awardees are selected by guest jurors holding prominent curatorial positions at major institutions.
In addition to providing unrestricted cash awards to artists, The Hopper Prize seeks to create new relationships between artists, curators, writers, and collectors. The Hopper Prize network reaches professionals who are commmitted to supporting the field of visual arts. Our mailing list currently includes collectors and gallerists, curators, writers, and visual artists.
Support from The Hopper Prize makes it possible for artists to fully realize their creative expression while reaching new curatorial audiences, collectors, writers, and advisors.
The Hopper Prize is open to all artists age 18 and older working in any media
Costs & Total Awards
There is a non-refundable submission fee due with your application based on the number of images submitted
Total Awards: $5,000.00 USD in grants for visual artists
- 5 artists will each receive $1,000.00 USD in unrestricted grant awards
- 30 artists will be selected to have their work digitally exhibited and archived at hopperprize.org
- Visit the Apply Section and select how many images you would like to submit.
- Pay your submission fee via Paypal.
- After your payment is complete, you will be directed to a submission form where you can upload your images.
- Use the online form to upload JPGs of your work. You will have the option to include title, date, medium, and size for all work submitted. An artist statement is also optional, but not required (please limit statements to 500 words).
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.