International Conference on Governance, Intelligence and Security in Romania
The international system goes through profound changes in which decision-making alternates between global, regional and national levels, new political actors emerge and traditional conceptualizations of governance and security are challenged. So far, extensive research has been dedicated to the preferences and actions of political actors, particular approaches to intelligence and security, power distribution and ways in which control can be maintained and increased, or trends in governance and Security in the post-Cold War or 9/11. At the same time, an extensive body of literature documented the impact of domestic politics, state decisions and migration on the position of states in the international arena. In this entire context, it remains unclear whether traditional theoretical approaches are still suitable to understand these changes or we speak about the emergence of new paradigms in grasping the evolution of governance, intelligence, and security. Moreover, the causes of recent transformations at regional and global level expanded to the realm of new political and social phenomena.
- The organizers strive for a balance between established academics, early career scholars (Ph.D. candidates may also apply) and practitioners.
- They encourage theoretical, empirical or methodological papers on any aspects related to challenges and developments in the fields of governance, intelligence and security (including issues of securitization).
- The event aims to gather a group of 25-30 researchers working on these topics in order to facilitate the knowledge sharing and a better understanding of current events.
Papers will be presented in the following format: 15 min. presentation + 15 min. discussion.
In line with the goals of this conference, three types of papers are encouraged:
- Theoretical papers that discuss the definition and conceptualization of new challenges and developments in governance, intelligence and security. Such contributions should ideally bring a broad perspective of the concepts (e.g. intelligence sharing, regional governance) and relate them to existing analytical dimensions;
- Methodological papers addressing specific issues or assessments related to governance, intelligence or security. Contributions that bring innovative methods and data are particularly welcomed;
- Empirical papers that seek to explain new developments, existing challenges, different forms of governance and security in diverse settings, components of intelligence etc. Longitudinal analyses and comparative works are particularly encouraged. We have no preference for qualitative or quantitative techniques of analysis. However, we expect papers presenting single case studies to aim at building, testing, or modifying theories instead of being centered on individual instances;
- There is no conference fee;
- The organizers will provide accommodation and meals for the entire duration of the conference;
- In case of co-authored works, the organizers will cover the costs for one author.
How to Apply?
For more information please visit the official website.
Објавата е преземена во целост од: http://www.mladiinfo.eu/2018/03/01/international-conference-governance-intelligence-security-romania/#ixzz5BDd2yA5D