International PhD Fellowship Program in Switzerland
The Biozentrum University of Basel is inviting applications for the international PhD fellowship program. Fellowships are tenable in Molecular Life Sciences.
The Biozentrum encourages talented, ambitious and highly motivated young scientists to apply to the Biozentrum Basel International Ph.D. Program.
The Biozentrum is the largest department at the University of Basel’s Faculty of Science. The primary focus of this interdisciplinary institute is basic Molecular and Biomedical research and teaching.
- This program offers prestigious Ph.D. fellowships that are awarded on a competitive basis, provide direct entry into the Biozentrum Ph.D. program and offer the fellows a unique rotation-based selection of a research group of their own choice and a number of other incentives.
- Applicants must:
Before enrollment, applicants must either already hold or anticipate to receive a university degree that qualifies them for a Ph.D. program at the University of Basel (MSc, Diploma, etc.). In exceptional cases, outstanding students with a BSc degree are also eligible to apply to the “Fellowships for Excellence” program; they, however, will have to pass additional courses at the Biozentrum after acceptance. Ph.D. students who already have enrolled at the Biozentrum or plan to start their Ph.D. thesis before September 1 of the same year as the open call are not eligible to apply to the “Fellowships for Excellence” program;
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The “Fellowships for Excellence” cover the salary of the fellows for three years (including rotations). Should the Ph.D. thesis exceed this time, group leaders and fellows are expected to together identify alternative funding. In addition, other incentives are offered to “Fellowships for Excellence”Ph.D. students to support their scientific and personal growth. Currently, the following perks are in place (annual changes may apply):
- A personal, annual stipend, e.g. to allow attendance of meetings, acquisition of books or computers (currently EUR 5084.31 total for 3 years);
- Preferential registration for some courses in the Biozentrum Graduate Teaching program;
- Yearly study trip to a city with ties to Siemens, e.g. Berlin, Munich, St. Petersburg;
- Scientific meetings and networking opportunities with current “Fellowships for Excellence” students and alumni;
- Personal certificate of acceptance into the “Fellowships for Excellence” program;
- Support for the preparation of the personal CV and postdoctoral application by Biozentrum faculty members in the “Fellowships for Excellence” committee;
- Financial support for travel to postdoctoral interviews at the end of the Ph.D. thesis.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.
Објавата е преземена целосно од: http://www.mladiinfo.eu/2018/04/16/fully-funded-phd-scholarship-london-uk/#ixzz5ICc2lPlU