International IGB Fellowship Programme
The Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB) is a creative, lively and diverse place for conducting research and teaching. Scientists from a whole range of disciplines work under one roof at their Berlin and Neuglobsow sites. Applications are invited for International IGB Fellowship Programme for excellent scientists from all countries and at the different career, stages to apply for a research visit at IGB. Fellowships are available for PhD students, postdocs and senior scientists for 6-24 months.
Applicants must hold a Master degree or equivalent (PhD fellowships) or a doctoral degree (postdocs and senior scientists) in one of the research areas at IGB. The following links may help to identify the best potential host to pursue your ideas:
- Ecosystem Research;
- Experimental Limnology;
- Biology and Ecology of Fishes;
- Ecophysiology and Aquaculture;
- Analytical Chemistry and Biogeochemistry.
- Fellowships provide resources to cover basic living expenses amounting to 1,365 Euros/month at the doctoral level, 1,828 Euros/month at the postdoctoral level;
- 2,600 Euros/month at the senior scientist level;
- In addition, some funds can be provided for consumables and travel allowances.
How to Apply?
Before submitting an application, please contact your potential host and develop a research programme by your host group. Here’s the checklist for the required documents:
- Your CV, including a complete list of publications;
- Certificates of your Master degree or equivalent, or of your doctoral degree, respectively;
- A letter indicating your research interests and experience (max. 1 page);
- Your proposed research programme at IGB (max. 1 page), including potential research host(s) and timeline;
- Two letters of recommendation to be (a) uploaded by the applicant to their application platform or (b) sent by the reference contact directly to Dr Ina Severin (severin-at-igb-berlin.de, cc to co-at-igb-berlin.de).
For more information please visit the official web page