The International Student Conference 2017, Vilnius
European Humanities University (Vilnius, Lithuania) is happy to invite undergraduate and graduate students to participate in the International Student Conference “Europe 2017. From Printed Word to Knowledge: Local Traditions and Global Transition” which will take place in Vilnius on May 6–7, 2017.
This year, EHU Student Conference aims to commemorate two important dates: the 500th anniversary of the first printed book in Belarusian (and the first printed book in East Slavic languages) published by Francysk Skaryna, and the 25th anniversary of the European Humanities University.
THE FOLLOWING PANELS ARE PLANNED AS PART OF THE CONFERENCE:
• The Liberal Arts Education: Tradition and the 21st Century Demands
• Genealogy of a Consumer: From Handwritten Text to Printed and Digital Design
• The Experience of Local Political and Economic Transformations as Global Knowledge
• Printing House and Revolution: Techno-Cultural Logic of (Social) Transformation
• Problems of Establishing the International and European Law and Order
• Integration Processes, Constitutionalism, and Human Rights
• Gender Turn in Social Knowledge: Different Research Strategies and Forms of Understanding the Social
• New Technologies in Public Policy and Public Administration
• Humanities Issues of Today’s Medicine
• The Digitalized: Subjectivity, Knowledge, and Sociality in the Digital Age
• Heritage Studies: Searching for a New Horizon of Knowledge
• Glocalization in Tourism: Global Concepts in Local Terms
• Technology and the City
• Post-Migrant Cities: Lessons from the Urban Age
The working languages of the conference: Belarusian, Russian, and English.
The conference program will also feature a series of pre-conference events on May 2-5, including workshops, lectures, round table discussions, book presentations and student research project presentations, film screenings and entertainment activities offering students from different countries an opportunity for networking and learning about EHU. The conference agenda will be available in early April 2017.
The call is open for undergraduate and graduate students. Participation in the conference is free of charge (no registration fee), but submitted abstracts will be reviewed, and only selected applicants will be invited to participate.
Your online application (https://goo.gl/forms/
If you require a visa: please submit your application no later than February 25, 2017. Successful applicants will be notified of acceptance by March 8, 2017.
If you don’t require a visa: please submit your application no later than March 25, 2017. Successful applicants will be notified of acceptance by April 8, 2017.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Conference organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit the conference page on EHU’s official website, as well as social networks VK:https://vk.com/