The Graz International Summer School Seggau 2017
The Graz International Summer School Seggau is designed for internationally oriented, highly motivated students from all disciplines, who wish to deepen their understanding of current European and international affairs by studying and discussing global developments and challenges within the context of transformation processes and demographic change reflecting aspects of individual, social, political, religious, cultural, literary, regional, economic, cohort and national identities.
6 Good Reasons to to Apply
- 2-week summer university with a campus atmosphere at Seggau Castle
- 6 ECTS credits (for participation and seminar paper)
- Lectures, panel discussions and 7 parallel seminar modules (small groups)
- Discussions and networking opportunities with international lecturers and guests
- All-inclusive-package (tuition, meals, accommodation, extra-curricular program and field trips)
- Develop skills in Public Speaking, Academic Writing, and Critical Thinking
The summer school is for advanced students in their second term, students with a bachelor degree or students working on their final thesis. Students from all faculties are welcome to apply.
Students in their first or second semester are welcome to apply for the Summer school. All places not taken by advanced students will be given to undergraduate students.
The total student participation fee is € 1.500,00 covering course costs, tuition, room & board (double or triple rooms, 3 meals per day) for the entire two weeks, and the excursion to Graz. Please check the list below as various scholarship schemes are available that you might qualify for. Even though you might not have the financial means to participate, do not hesitate to apply! Funding and scholarships will be available!
There are special arrangements for students
- from the following CEEPUS Partner Institutions in the Network CIII-AT-0503-03-1617 Inter-American Studies: University of Veliko Tarnovo, Plovdiv University, Palacky University, University of Zagreb, University of Pecs, Karoli Gaspar University of the Reformed Church, Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi, University of Belgrade, Comenius University in Bratislava, University of Novi Sad, University of Ljubljana. (contact your local CEEPUS coordinator or Xaver Hergenröther xaver.hergenroether(at)uni-graz.at)
- from the following CEEPUS Partner Countries FREEMOVER applications are possible: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Kosovo
- from the University of Graz (including Uni Graz Erasmus students in the summer term of 2017) –> Participation fee: € 500,00
The University of Graz offers a further scholarship for academic excellence, that certain students might qualify for.
–> Participation fee: € 700,00
Please note that if your home institution/country is mentioned in more than one scholarship scheme, you can still only be awarded one of the scholarships (the higher one, you pay less). No double funding is available.
Students will be informed about the selection until end of March 2017.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, check the or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.