Andrew E. Rice Award for Leadership and Innovation
Applications are open for 2017 Andrew E. Rice Award for Leadership and Innovation by a Young Professional in International Development (Rice Award) in order to recognize the achievements of an exceptional young professional working in the field of international development.
The recipient of this award will demonstrate leadership and innovation, as well as tremendous promise for advancement in the field of international development. The selected winner will also recognize the importance of international development as a means of service to those who are most in need and will work towards sustainable, people-centered development.
- Age from 22 to 32 years old;
- Availability to either accept the Rice Award in-person at SID-W’s 2017 Annual Conference on June 1, 2017 or the ability to provide a pre-recorded video acceptance speech to be shown at the Annual Conference;
- At least two years of experience as a volunteer or paid young professional in international development including demonstrating exceptional commitment to improving the lives of people in developing countries.
- An inscribed plaque recognizing the award;
- A prize in the amount of USD 1,000;
- A one-year, honorary membership to SID-Washington;
- The opportunity for winner to present his/her work at an upcoming SID-Washington event.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application.
- Rice Award applicants must submit a two-page maximum (11 pt. font), single-sided personal statement responding to the questions provided;
- Applicants must also submit a three page maximum, single-sided resume or CV;
- Documentation provided in addition to the application form, personal statement, two letters of recommendation, and c.v./resume will not be reviewed.