The World Academy of Sciences Prizes 2017
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) is seeking applications for its 2017 prizes to individual scientists from developing countries in recognition of an outstanding contribution to scientific knowledge in nine fields of sciences and/or to the application of science and technology to sustainable development.
- Agricultural Sciences;
- Astronomy and Space Sciences;
- Engineering Sciences;
- Medical Sciences;
- Physics and Social Sciences.
- Candidates for a TWAS Prize must be scientists who have been working and living in a developing country for at least ten years immediately prior to their nomination;
- Must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Scientific research achievement of outstanding significance for the development of scientific thought;
- Outstanding contribution to the application of science and technology to sustainable development;
- Members of TWAS and candidates for TWAS membership are not eligible for TWAS Prizes;
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Each year the Academy awards nine prizes of USD 15,000 each to individual scientists who have been working and living in a developing country for at least 10 years;
- Each prize is accompanied by a medal;
- Prizes are usually presented on a special occasion, often coinciding with the General Meeting of TWAS.
How to apply?
In order to apply fill the application.