Embracing Our Differences Exhibition Competition 2017
Art is a powerful tool to evoke social change. Without uttering a single word, artists can enlighten, educate and affect change around the world. Embracing Our Differences invites you to participate in creating a world where differences are embraced and individuality is celebrated. Become a part of this exciting change through your visual art submission to the annual Embracing Our Differences juried competition.
45 submissions will be selected for inclusion in the exhibit. The judges may select an additional three entries for “honorable mention.”
You retain the rights to your work. However, by your submission, you irrevocably grant to Embracing Our Differences and its assigns a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual license to use, publish, translate and display your work and personal information, including your name and city/state/country of residence, for display, catalogs, posters, advertising, educational and merchandising/promotional materials.
Artists, professionals, amateurs, students – everyone can participate. National and international submissions are encouraged to apply.
A total of 3,000 USD will be presented in the form of three separate awards — 1,000 USD each for “Best-in-Show Adult”, “Best-in-Show Student” and the “People’s Choice” award.
How to apply?
- Your art may be any size and medium; however to submit digitally requires a digital file of your art which is capable of being uploaded to our server;
- Please label your digital art file with the “title” and your name – for example, “Coexistence-Mark Smith;”;
- Your digital file must be less than 400 MB in size;
- Include a brief (200 word maximum) “Artist Statement” explaining your art, your creative process and/or what the theme means to you;
- If making more than one submission online, you will need to create a separate entry for each one.
- A digital file of your art contained on a CD or flash drive. Please name each file with the “title” of the artwork and your name– for example, “Coexistence-Mark Smith;”
- A color print of your art submission (ink jet is sufficient) with your name and artwork title clearly printed on the back;
- A completed and SIGNED submission form;
- Teachers may complete and sign submission forms on behalf of their students and, at their option, substitute their personal or school contact information for that of their students. Teachers submitting more than three student submissions should CLICK HEREor EMAIL for a simplified submission process;
- A separate sheet of paper with a brief (200 word maximum) “Artist Statement” explaining your art, your creative process and/or what the theme means to you.
- Completed submission packages shouldbe mailed to:
Embracing Our Differences
PO Box 2559
Sarasota, FL 34230-2559 USAExpress mail, such as FedEx or UPS, should be delivered to:
Embracing Our Differences
1661 Ringling Boulevard #2559
Sarasota, FL 34230 USA