Water Integrity Network Photo Competition
How do corruption and malpractice affect water and wastewater management? What does integrity in wastewater management mean? How can we visualize it?
Your photos could have the power to reflect how increased water integrity can change the water sector and improve lives.
A jury of water and media specialists will select the winning photo and runners up, bearing in mind the following qualities
- Balance: the photo holds the viewers’ attention and shows a consistent focus;
- Message: the photo clearly identifies a subject which relates to either positive actions for water integrity or the negative impacts of corruption (exclusive of the caption);
- Aesthetic Quality: the photo shows a good focus of the subject;
- Caption: the caption explains the circumstances in which the photo was taken and/or its relevance to water integrity Anonymity of the photographers will be observed during the final selection process.
Photos will be scored and shortlisted by WIN, according to the following criteria:
- Submission ineligible formats (JPEG/GIF/BMP) before deadline
- Submission of signed Terms and Conditions form
- Inclusion of a coherent caption;
- Thematic relevance;
- Technical quality of the photo (resolution, color balance, sharp/soft focus).
The jury of water and media specialists will select the winning photo and reward the winner with a 1000 USD voucher for photography equipment.
Winners will be announced on World Water Day 2017, 22 March 2017 and shortlisted photos will be displayed on the WIN website.
How to Apply?
For WIN’s annual photo competition, share your vision!
Submit up to two photos showing the impact of corruption and/or integrity at work in wastewater management.
You will be required to submit the following|
- Your Name *required;
- Your Email *required;
- Upload Competition Terms;
- Upload Photo Captions;
- Upload Photo I;
- Upload Photo II (optional).