The UNESCO Week for Peace and Sustainable Development 2017 in Canada
‘The UNESCO Week for Peace and Sustainable Development: The Role of Education’ presents a unique platform for discussion on two key programmes of the Education Sector, namely Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and Global Citizenship Education (GCED), and their practical contribution in achieving Target 4.7 of the Sustainable Development Goal 4 on Education. The Week will focus on the issue of teachers and teacher training, and highlight best practices in the fields of ESD and GCED. Participation is by invitation only.
UNESCO and the Canadian Commission for UNESCO are jointly organizing this Week for Peace and Sustainable Development which will present the unique opportunity to bring together two important events organized back-to-back with sessions open to all participants:
• Review Forum for the UNESCO Global Action Programme (GAP) on ESD: implementation and innovation
• Third UNESCO Forum on Global Citizenship Education (GCED): the Role of Teachers
The Week will provide space to share and discuss trends and innovation in pedagogical approaches and practices in ESD and GCED, as well as exchange good practices in advancing GCED and ESD in our global context. The Week has been designed to maximize opportunities for interaction, networking and free debates and discussions among participants.
To apply for the UNESCO Week for Peace and Sustainable Development: The Role of Education you should:
- Be between the ages of 18-35 as of June 1, 2016.
- Be fluent in English or French.
- Be able to easily and frequently access social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter during the run-up to the conference week.
- Be present for the full duration of the conference week in Ottawa Canada (6-10th March, 2017) and available on social media platforms ( Facebook and Twitter channels).
Participants are expected to cover their travel expenses, limited financial resources from UNESCO will only be available for some participants from developing regions
- Are you between 18-35 years old?
- Do you have policymaking, capacity building or advocacy experience in education for sustainable development (ESD) or Global Citizenship Education as an educator, innovator, policymaker, development professional, researcher?
- Do you want to network and collaborate with fellow youth leaders for exchange of best practices and latest innovations in the fields of ESD and GCED?
- Do you want to engage in a no-holds-barred dialogue with policymakers on The Role of Teachers in achieving SDG 4.7?
- Are you a young educator with experience of using ICT-based innovative pedagogies in your classroom?
- Do you have a flair for writing short, accurate reports on ESD and GCED?
Remember: Applications and discussions close on 27 January 2016 (23:59 GMT).
If you have any questions, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.