National Institute of Genetics (NIG) / Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI is accepting application for a research internship program for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to gain research experience in genetics and related fields in life sciences. Intern students will conduct independent research under the mentorship of a host investigator at NIG.
The program includes training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to discuss with individual principal investigators. At the end of the program, participants will give a presentation on their experience as the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium”. NIG will issue a certificate to those who have successfully completed the program. Interns can also participate in various activities such as graduate program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars by outstanding researchers from inside and outside of NIG. Japanese language classes are also available.
The duration for this Internship is one month and a good thing about NIG Summer Internship Japan 2021 is that No IELTS/TOEFL is required. Undergraduates and Postgraduates are highly encouraged to apply for this Summer Internship in Japan.
- Open for all applicants are interested in life sciences and are in the prefinal-year at the time of application, i.e. in the 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year master program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program. Students who are interested in enrolling in the PhD program at NIG are encouraged to apply.
- Because of a highly competitive selection process, applications from non-prefinal students and prefinal students of a PhD course are not considered.
- NIG will cover costs of airfare, local transportation fares between airport in Japan and NIG, lodging in the institute’s guesthouse, and travel insurance during the program. Allowance for meals (ca. 1,500JPY/day, subject to change) will also be provided.
- NIG will issue a certificate to those who have successfully completed the program.
- Interns can also participate in various activities such as graduate program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars by outstanding researchers from inside and outside of NIG.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.