Open call for Executive Scholarships at SEEC Toronto, Canada
CALL FOR EXECUTIVE SCHOLARSHIPS
OPEN CALL FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE
SCHULICH EXECUTIVE EDUCATION CENTRE (SEEC) TORONTO, CANADA
Macedonia 2025 offers a program that combines participation in Executive/Leadership Development courses at some of the top Executive Education Centers in North America with job shadowing at a renowned company. This program is designed to provide Macedonian talented executives with a complete North American experience through access to some of the best executive education programs and some genuine business experience in North American companies.
Macedonia 2025 provides a full scholarship for experienced managers, executives and entrepreneurs from Macedonia. The program is implemented in cooperation with the Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC) at York University in Toronto, Canada. SEEC is an integral part of the Schulich Business School at York University in Toronto, Canada. SEEC provides an education that is focused, practical and immediately applicable. They share a common interest in providing and delivering executive education to professionals from Macedonia. This program will increase participants’ competencies and performance in a continuously changing global business environment. This program also offers a unique networking opportunity that can help export-oriented companies promote their products and services to the global markets.
Schulich Business School, being a part of the York University in Toronto, Canada is ranked among the Top 10 World Business Schools by The Financial Times, Forbes Magazine, BusinessWeek, The Wall Street Journal and the Economist. Founded in 1966, the Schulich School of Business employs over 750 people. Schulich has an internationally diverse faculty and student body. The faculty is drawn exclusively from both practitioners and academia, and each is an acknowledged leader and innovator in their field. Executive development at Schulich is all about this kind of “just-in-time” learning, focused, practical and immediately applicable to the task at hand.
- Participants can participate in one executive education module, in a duration of 5 working days during the course of June 2018;
- Enrollment, tuition or administrative fees associated with the executive program are covered by Macedonia 2025;
- Participants are required to finance their travel and accommodation costs;
- Participants have the option to take internship/ job shadowing activity within a Canadian company based on their industry and background;
- Participants will have the opportunity to meet with a number of Canadian companies and take part of B2B meetings, previously planned and organized by Macedonia2025
- Participants will have the unique opportunity to network with Macedonia2025 members and supporters that live in Canada at an event hosted by Macedonia2025 members
- The applicant can select one of the proposed Executive Courses (see list below)
- Each participant should consider staying in Canada for minimum of two to three weeks (depending on the duration of the secured internship)
Executive course options:
- Leadership Competences: What Senior Managers Need to Know (June, 4-8, 2018)
- Executive Program in Sales Management (June, 4-8, 2018)
- Certificate in Strategic Agility (June, 11-15, 2018)
- Strategic Marketing Management (June, 11-15, 2018)
- Certificate in Critical Communication Skills (June, 18-22, 2018)
Location and accommodations:
The courses take place either at:
- The Executive Learning Center at the York University:
Schulich School of Business, York University, 4700 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3
- The Center also offers accommodations for program participants:
- Miles S. Nadal Management Centre
Ernst & Young Tower
Toronto Dominion Centre
222 Bay St., Suite 500
Toronto, ON M5K 1K2
- For sessions held at the Miles S. Nadal Management Centre, please consider staying at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel.
Fairmont Royal York Hotel
100 Front Street West
Toronto, ON M5J 1E3
For any programs scheduled to be held at the Schulich Executive Learning Centre, 4700 Keele Street campus in Toronto, please contact the Schulich Executive Learning Centre Residence for accommodation. Participants attending our programs will receive a special discounted price of $89.00 plus taxes per night with the promotion code SEEC16. For further details about the Executive Learning Centre Residence, please visit the website at elc.schulich.yorku.ca or call 416.650.8300.
- In some instances, the program fee includes full program tuition, teaching materials, refreshments and luncheons. Please see the list of courses, for details.
Macedonia 2025 will provide the following services to enrolled candidates:
- Schedule an interview with an international jury for selection of candidates
- Provide the applicant with a confirmation letter for visa application purposes
- Enroll the students at SEEC short course or program
- Provide assistance to the applicants while they are in Canada to ensure their successful completion of the program
- Assist participants in finding a host company in Canada
- Schedule B2B meetings with Canadian companies (depending on time schedules of our partners in Canada)
- Organize networking event with Macedonia2025 members and supporters
- The value of scholarship ranges from $4,150 -$5,650CAD depending on the selected program (excluding tax)
The applicant or the company he/she works at will:
- Personally prepare the visa application and submit the documents;
- Personally cover all travel and accommodation expenses for the duration of the program;
- Cover additional expenses not included in the education scholarships;
- The candidate should consider additional living costs of at least $50 – $70 per day.
- Top Macedonian executives, high level managers and proven entrepreneurs at companies located in Macedonia that plan to develop their professional career in Macedonia and to contribute towards the economic development of the country
- At least 5 – 7 years of relevant experience in a managerial position
- Preferably, representatives of an export-oriented company
- University degree or higher
- Excellent proficiency in the English language
- Able to adapt to working with international teams
- Eager to learn, upgrade skills and implement the knowledge within the company
- Possibilities for company expansion, growth within the company and sharing knowledge within the company
- Willing to give back to the community and mentor younger professionals
How to apply:
- Fill out the application form (linked)
- Send professional resume or short bio (up to 200 words)
- Send color photo
- All documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open call is announced on October 5, 2017
- Applications deadline is February 15, 2018
- Best fitting candidates will be selected by April 1, 2018
- The candidates will be evaluated by an independent educational council consisting of the School’s administrative department and designated members of Macedonia2025 Education Board.
o Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
o The selection process will try to identify the most eligible candidates taking into consideration the following:
§ Industry/ sector diversity
§ Relevance of educational background and professional achievements
§ Gender diversity
- Candidates that will receive a scholarship will be required to sign a framework agreement with Macedonia2025, identifying areas of “giving back” to the organization and to the country. Macedonia2025 is a self-funded organization and relies on the support of institutions, organizations, corporations and individuals to donate financials, time, network and expertize towards the organization. Therefore, all contributions by our education alumni network are welcomed.
- Candidates that will receive a scholarship will be required to send photos and one page testimonial to Macedonia2025, after the completion of the course and job shadowing for marketing purposes.
- Candidates are expected to maintain close relations with the organization, to participate on events, transfer knowledge to young talents, share information about Macedonia2025 events and invite their network to participate, to be an active member of the alumni network as well as to assist Macedonia2025 in fundraising activities for educational programs.