This scholarship is part of the Oxford Graduate Scholarships, which were established through a groundbreaking new matched funding initiative to enable the creation of fully-funded scholarships for graduate students of the highest calibre from across the world. The University contributes 40% of the funds for these scholarships, together with 60% from generous donations provided by supporters of the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust, including Foundation Hoffmann.
Foundation Hoffmann is a Swiss-based grant making institution supporting the emergence and expansion of concrete projects which address global problems in today’s societies.
- You must be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford;
- Please review the official website to see the complete list of eligible courses. You must also be ordinarily resident in one of the eligible countries listed;
- You should be intending to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed. Students currently at Oxford are not eligible to apply unless they are already Weidenfeld-Hoffmann scholars;
- You should be able to demonstrate a connection between your subject of study and your longer-term career objectives, explaining how you see your professional work contributing to the improvement of public life in your country of origin or at a wider regional or international level;
- Preference will be given to Master’s course applicants. If you are applying for a DPhil you must be able to demonstrate how your DPhil studies will benefit your future career in leadership.
The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £14,296). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
This scholarship forms part of the wider Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme, managed by the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust. For more information, including details of the leadership programme, please see the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme web page.
How to Apply?
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must select the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme in the University of Oxford Scholarships section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course (6 or 20 January 2017). See the Courses page for the deadline applicable to your course.