PhD & Fellowship Studies at the Chinese Academy of Sciences


PhD & Fellowship Studies at the Chinese Academy of Sciences


According to an agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) for the advancement of science in developing countries, up to 200 students and scholars from all over the world will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years.

This CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme provides students and scholars that are non-Chinese citizens an opportunity to pursue doctoral degrees at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or Institutes of CAS around China.


In order to apply, applicants must

  • Be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2017;
  • Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
  • Not hold Chinese citizenship.

Applicants for doctoral study should also:

  • Meet the admission criteria for international students of UCAS/USTC;
  • Hold a master degree before the beginning of the fall semester: 1 September, 2017;
  • Provide evidence that he/she will return to their home country on completion of their studies in China according to CAS-TWAS agreement;
  • Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.


  • Fellowship awardees will receive a monthly stipend (to cover accommodation and other living expenses, local travel expenses and health insurance) of 1000 USD or 1,100 USD from CAS through UCAS/USTC, depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by UCAS/USTC for all doctoral candidates after admission;
  • All awardees will also be provided tuition and application fee waivers.

How to Apply?

File your Fellowship Application form via the online application system.
Each applicant should create his/her own account, and follow the instructions to finish the online application form.
In the meantime, prepare to upload supporting document for your application,

  1. Notarized photocopy of the certificate of university degrees held(both undergraduate and postgraduate; graduates having just completed or about to complete their degree should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date);
  2. Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese;
  3. Notarized photocopy of transcripts of both undergraduate and post-graduate education;
  4. Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience;
  5. Detailed research proposal;
  6. Photocopy of your passport which has at least 2 years validity(only pages showing personal and validity details);
  7. Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published academic papers;
  8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form.

Што мислиш ти?
  • Ви се допаѓа оваа вест? Препорачајте ја на Вашите пријателите преку следниве сервиси:
  • Mail