Paid Internship Programme at ADB in Philippines
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia. The bank admits the members of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP, formerly the Economic Commission for Asia and the Far East or ECAFE) and non-regional developed countries. The ADB was modeled closely on the World Bank.
The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs. The internship topic for the post is “IT Financial Management – IT Budgeting, Investment Planning, Benchmarking.”
- Work in a major international development organization;
- Work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries;
- Gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does;
- Contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs.
- ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only.
- Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors but without stipend.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration;
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s Degree or Ph.D. program in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related fields;
- At least 3 years experience in accounting, financial analysis, and/or investment planning;
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting concepts and spreadsheet software, ability to quickly learn new programs necessary to complete job requirements;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and work under pressure of deadlines;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and work independently to guarantee accurate and timely completion of assignments.
- Analytical skills useful in identifying trends and reasons for the change in financial results;
- Has a CPA designation or currently working toward CPA designation.
How to apply?
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
- Curriculum vitae (CV);
- Proof of enrollment to a Masters or Ph.D. program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment;
- Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question.
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB;
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).
For more information, please visit the official web page.