Programme Assistant for the Virtual Exchange Programme
The Sharing Perspectives Foundation is looking for a programme assistant (internship) to join our international team of staff for the virtual exchange programme “EUROPEAN REFUGE/ES: Critical dialogue on the ‘crisis’ by refugees and non-refugees”. In this programme, during ten weeks 300 participants from refugee and non-refugee background across 15 European countries follow webinars from expert academics and practitioners in the field. Participants meet weekly in small groups in tailored virtual classroom to explore their perspectives on the refugee ‘crisis’ and what it means to be a citizen in Europe. All participants jointly conduct a European-wide research into youth perceptions on these issues across different national and socioeconomic boundaries. The programme culminates in a summit held in Brussels for the best performing participants who will interact with EU officials and present their findings.
As a Programme Assistant, you will be supporting our programme team and facilitators in the implementation of the programme:
- Be responsible for the organisation of the Brussels summit and travel to Brussels in June 2017;
- Assist the programme team in communications with participants of the programme;
- Assist the Programme Manager in informing our programme partners on the progress of the programme.
- Be responsible for (social) media output and communications for the programme;
- A Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Humanities or Social Sciences;
- Experience in organising study trips or events (preferred);
- Experience in (social) media communications (preferred);
- A good proficiency in English (required);
- Well organised with strong communications skills;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Pragmatic and flexible work ethic.
- To be part of a young, international and motivated team working for a non-profit start-up;
- 4 days per week internship position from February until the end of June 2017;
- One week summit to Brussels in June;
- A monthly stipend;
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the time zone -1 to +1 CET.
How to Apply?
If you feel you fit the requirements and are motivated to join the team, please apply by sending your CV (max 2 pages) and Cover Letter to email@example.com with subject “Vacancy Programme Assistant”.
For any questions concerning this position, please contact Casper van der Heijden via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until 31 January 2017.