HIIT Postdoctoral Research Fellow Positions in Finland
Several Postdoctoral Researcher and Research Fellow Positions are now available in ICT (Helsinki, Finland). International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and nearly 400 professors. Our campuses are located in Espoo and Helsinki, Finland.
The University of Helsinki, established in 1640, is the most versatile university in Finland. The University of Helsinki is an international academic community of 40,000 students and staff members. The university lays special emphasis on the quality of education and research, and it is a member of the League of the European Research Universities (LERU).
- The candidate should have a PhD and are expected to have an excellent track record in scientific research in one or several fields relevant to the position;
- Good command of English is a necessary prerequisite. In the review process, particular emphasis is put on the quality of the candidate’s previous research and international experience, together with the substance, innovativeness, and feasibility of the research plan, and its relevance to the research group or groups in question;
- Efficient and successful completion of studies is considered an additional merit.
- The salary for the postdoctoral position is typically between EUR 3 450 and 3 700 EUR per month depending on experience and qualifications.
- In addition to the salary, the contract includes occupational health benefits, and Finland has a comprehensive social security system.
- The annual total workload of teaching staff at recruiting universities is 1 624 hours.
- The position is located at Aalto University’s Otaniemi campus or University of Helsinki’s Kumpula campus.
How to Apply?
The applications for the postdoctoral researcher position are to be submitted through the eRecruitment system no later than 31 January 2018 at 23:59 Finnish time.
The application for the position should contain (in single pdf document named as lastname_firstname_application.pdf):
- Motivation letter including a tentative plan for the research work (1-5 pages);
- List of publications;
- A transcript of the doctoral studies and degree certificate of the Ph.D. degree.
For more information please visit the official website.