Postdoctoral Fellowships in Educational Assessment and Measurement at University of Oslo
Applications are invited for 1-2 positions as Postdoctoral Fellow in Educational Assessment and Measurement to be based at the Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO), University of Oslo. CEMO is primarily a research unit but offers its own Master program in Assessment and Evaluation. The Centre comprises about 25 employees from 10 countries, thus providing ample opportunities to develop joint research projects on an international scale.
The available positions are fulltime and with a duration of four years (25 % of which is devoted to teaching).
The positions are related to two research strands. The first strand refers to fundamental methodological issues in educational measurement. In this strand, CEMO is currently focusing on methodological challenges related to latent variable modelling, modelling of longitudinal development, and/or modelling behavioral data, including log file data derived from computer-based assessments. The second research strand relates to educational assessment. In this strand research on national and international large-scale assessments of educational outcomes and the development of original tests assessing hard-to-measure constructs (e.g. collaborative skills) are currently relevant for the CEMO research portfolio.
Candidates will have opportunities to work on other themes as well. These themes may combine fundamental issues of educational measurement with the more applied context of educational assessment.
- Doctorate in education/psychology/social sciences with a thesis applying advanced quantitative methods or doctorate in quantitative methods/psychometrics/statistics (the thesis must be submitted by the application deadline; an appointment is dependent on the defence of the doctoral thesis being approved);
- Publication record of high quality (how recent the PhD has been finished will be taken into account);
- Plans for high-quality research in one of the areas outlined above. Research in the intersection between the two areas is also possible;
- Preferably some teaching experience;
- Personal suitability and willingness to collaborate with other team members at CEMO;
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
In the evaluation of the qualified candidates the full range of these criteria will be assessed. Emphasis will be given to high quality in terms of publications. A research profile related to the field of education is an advantage. However, applicants with a background from other fields are also welcome.
- Salary around 51.81336 EUR – 59.01082 EUR;
- A professionally stimulating working environment;
- Attractive welfare arrangements and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities.
How to Apply?
In order to apply register here.
The application must include:
- Cover letter including a brief outline of the motivation for the application;
- 3-5 page description of research plans and/or interests related to the outlined research strands;
- a brief outline of teaching interests within CEMO’s Master program;
- CV (summarizing education, positions, research experience, teaching experience and other qualifying activities, such as experience with supervision of Master students);
- A list of publications.
Short-listed applicants may be asked to submit their PhD-thesis and other journal papers, reports or material of relevance for the evaluation. Short-listed applicants will also be asked to provide contact information to two colleagues we can ask for references, and they will also be interviewed. The final rank-ordering of applicants will take into account the total need for research in the areas outlined above.
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
For more information please visit the official website.
Објавата е преземена целосно од: http://www.mladiinfo.eu/2018/04/03/postdoctoral-fellowships-educational-assessment-measurement-university-oslo/#ixzz5F0e3WOto