Call for Applications, AAB Summer School on Democracy and Development in Kosovo
AAB Summer School on Democracy and Development: International Development, Decentralization Conflict Resolution and Post-Conflict Societies – Kosovo and the Balkans is an educational program that provides students enrolled in a university outside of Kosovo and the region with the opportunity to spend two weeks in Kosovo studying and learning about development in practice in a post-conflict area right in the middle of Europe. Participants of the program will also visit three other Balkans countries, Albania (listed no. 4 in the New York Times‘ list of places to go in 2014) and Macedonia. The AAB Summer School on Democracy and Development is modeled after the Balkans Peace Program, which was initiated and run by TBG Foundation between 2012 and 2016.
The program consists of three key components:
- one academic course (of 4 ECTS credits) on International Development, Decentralization Politics, Conflict Resolution and Post-Conflict Societies: Kosovo and the Balkans and meetings with government officials in Kosovo;
- a tour of historic and tourist sites of Kosovo, Albania, and Macedonia;
- cultural immersion – students will be paired with local students;
- publication opportunity – 10 best essays will be published in the international scientific review “Thesis” in autumn edition provided you submit your AAB Summer School paper (essay) in time and as per given guidelines, you may be included in the Thesis 2017 edited book scheduled to be published in the fall of 2017.
AAB Summer School 2017 takes place from 14 to 27 August 2017. Participants will be accommodated in the Pristina area, the largest city in Kosovo, with a population of over 400 000.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be a currently enrolled student in good standing (at the undergrad or grad level) at a recognized institution in your home country or professionals in the field of law, political sciences, public administration, sociology;
- be at least 18 years old;
- possess a valid passport for travel to Kosovo and the area;
- possess valid health insurance for the duration of your stay in Kosovo and the region.
679, 00 EUR per person. The student shall pay the bank transfer fees.Included: program costs, accommodation in dormitory or hostel, all program activities, tours, accommodation and meals while on program tours. Not included: transportation costs from your country of origin to Kosovo.
To be considered for a place on the AAB Summer School 2017, please fill out and submit the following Online Application. Please make sure you have the following documents ready in either PDF or DOC format so that you can upload them here and submit them with your application as required:
- Your CV / Resume;
- A Cover Letter explaining your interest in the program and/or the area / field of study;
- Copy of your college / university transcript (only if you are requesting financial support). Unofficial transcripts issued to the student are acceptable;
- Certificate of Enrolment / student status (only if you are not submitting a transcript).
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, please contact with Mr. Liridon Bajrami via email: [email protected].