Call for Applications, ADFIMI Regional Seminar 2017 in Almaty, Kazakhstan
Islamic Micro and Agricultural Finance is an emerging industry around the globe and a recognized tool of financial inclusion and social development, but its importance become more when we linked it with the financial technology, so there is an immediate need to educate, train and conduct market study and awareness campaigns on this subject. This is to provide edification and training to Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) with an additional opportunity for their educational uplift under Islamic financial system.
Fintech is a shiny attractor for impact investors. Emerging financial technologies shimmer with disruptive potential for the delivery of a wide array of financial, educational, health, and social services for the poor. While microfinance still makes up a major share of impact investing portfolios, many investors appear to have moved on to Fintech, the next wave of creative destruction. Rather than be toppled by it, MFIs look to ride that wave too, to extend reach, reduce costs and prices, improve and deepen client services, and improve risk management. Technology is playing an increasingly dominant role in the financial service industry, empowering existing players ad threatening to obviate business models of entire sectors within the industry.
The agriculture sector lacks financial resources, due to which small-scale farmers are facing a lot of problems, consequently affecting the agriculture and livestock sector. But in Muslim countries including Central Asian Countries, the primary reason behind the lack of financial inclusion in the agricultural sector is unavailability of such financial products that are in correlation with the religious and social belief of the Muslims and if we want to promote agriculture and livestock, then we have to introduce such financial products which are in accordance with their religious beliefs, therefore, the use of Islamic Agriculture Finance is necessary for the development of rural economy especially in Central Asian Countries
The seminar is meant to expose the attendees to this fast-growing and exciting intersection between technology and finance while emphasizing on the role of Islamic Microfinance.
It will introduce the participants to the concept of Islamic Microfinance and Microtakaful which essentially deal with the developmental needs of the unbankable members of the society; particularly their financial needs and those related to social security. The seminar addresses these needs comparatively from the conventional and Islamic perspectives and is enriched by discussions on Fintech and Islamic Microfinance issues related to contemporary business practices and cases.
The seminar is also expected to enhance the capabilities of the participants holding various positions particularly in the banking and finance sectors, and equip them with the necessary tools of Islamic social financing.
The seminar is organized for the benefit of Central Asian Region
Eligibility and Visas
Participants are responsible of making their own visa arrangements through Kazakh Diplomatic Missions in their country. However, ADFIMI may assist with the visa applications for those who need it.
Participants will be able to gain a comprehensive overview of the following topics:
- Latest Development of Islamic Micro and Agricultural Finance
- Fintech as an Emerging Financial Services Technology
- New Fintech Markets and Opportunities
- Modes of Shariah-Compliance Transactions
- Microfinance & its Product Mechanism
- Islamic Agri/Rural Finance Product Mechanism.
- Islamic Microfinance, Agri. Finance &MicroTakaful
There is NO Registration Fee for participants from ADFIMI Member institutions. A nominal fee of USD 100 will be applied to participants from non-ADFIMI Member institutions
- Payment should be affected in full at the time of registration. The fee includes Seminar materials, coffee breaks and lunches (18 – 19 September 2017). Other expenses including travel, accomodation, meals (other than lunches on 18 – 19 September) etc. shall be to the account of the participant.
- Registration will not be confirmed until registration form is signed and payment is received in full otherwise the registration may be subject to cancellation (Partcipants can also pay the fee in cash during registration against a receipt)
- In case of cancellation after 10 September 2017, there will be no refund of paid fees. For cancellation on or before 10 September 2017, the refund fee will be to applicant’s account and the refund will be materialised as soon as practicable after 25 September 2017.
Participants are requested to respond as early as possible, preferably before 25 August 2017 in order to secure a place in the seminar. All details and general conditions are given in the attached Aide Memoire.
It is highly recommended to fill in the Application form electronically through ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
(Alternatively you can fill in and e-mail the APPLICATION FORM to firstname.lastname@example.org)
For additional information contact: email@example.com