Call for Applications, The Galilean School of Higher Education in Padova, Italy
The University of Padova, one of the most ancient universities in the world, has a long tradition in the promotion of excellence of its students, regardless their nationality, gender, beliefs, or interests. Accordingly, every year the University of Padova promotes a program of excellence, the Galilean School of Higher Education. The school is named in honor of Galileo Galilei, the founder of modern Physics and Astronomy, who came to Padova in 1592, when he was 28 years old; the college where the School is hosted, Collegio Morgagni, takes its name from Giovanni Battista Morgagni, one of the founders of modern Medicine, who came to Padova in 1711, when he was 29 years old. Both men shared a great passion for all activities of the human mind, across a broad range of disciplines including literature, music, natural sciences. Such passion for excellence and a broad vision have deeply been rooted in the University of Padova throughout its history. At the Galilean School of Higher Education, students are recruited in the areas of Humanities (Classe di Scienze Morali), Natural Sciences (Classe di Scienze Naturali) and Social Sciences (Classe di Scienze Sociali).
In addition to the regular students, the Galilean School of Higher Education recruits up to four highlymotivated foreign students, who can enrol in a 2-years program towards the Master Degree (Second Cycle Degree, Laurea Magistrale)
Several Second Cycle Degrees (Laurea Magistrale) programs are entirely taught in English: please visit the webpage here for the list.
Many other Second Cycle Degrees, although not entirely taught in English, have several courses delivered in English. For details, you can check this list (slight changes can be expected for the academic year 2017- 2018).
Non-Italian citizens (both from UE and outside UE), residing OUTSIDE Italy. Applicants must hold a Bachelor degree (or obtain it before July 31, 2017) and not be older than 26 before the application’s deadline (22 May 2017). All applicants must also enroll in a Second Cycle Degree (2-years Master Degree, in Italian Laurea Magistrale), following the application procedures and deadlines in the admission notices (admission bulletins), available from this link
Please, pay particular attention to the application deadlines, as they are 26 April 2017 for most English-taught Second Cycle Degrees. Be aware, that you cannot enroll to the Galilean School if you are not admitted and enrolled to a Second Cycle Degree at the University of Padova.
- The School will reimburse one round trip ticket from/to the country of origin (economy class) up to 1.500,00 Euros for each Academic Year, and cover the cost of books and miscellaneous documented expenses of educational nature, authorized and within reasonable limits.
- The School will provide free room and board in the University student houses and canteens.
- The School reserves the right to assign a grant up to 5.000,00 Euros to the admitted students, as a contribution towards personal living expenses; this grant is subjected to the economic availability of the School and to the evaluation by a specific committee; no other scholarships will be compatible with this grant.
The on-line procedure requires the uploading of the following documents:
- a copy of the passport (or identity card only for EU nationals);
- a certified copy (on headed paper, signed and stamped by the awarding Institution) of the academic transcript of records in English with the indication of ECTS credits or the indication of the grading scale used by the Institution, if ECTS grading is not available. The transcript may be replaced by the Diploma Supplement, if available;
- a copy of the First Level University Diploma (Bachelor Degree). If a Bachelor Degree hasn’t been obtained yet before the application deadline, the applicant must attach an official letter of the Home Institution, stating that the candidate is registered as a Bachelor student and that he will earn his/her Bachelor degree before July 31, 2017 (the date of graduation would be appreciated);
- Curriculum Vitae in English (a template can be downloaded here). Please, indicate a valid skype address in the CV.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, check the or write to: [email protected].