Call for Applications, Research School on “Peace and Conflict” in Oslo, Norway
PhD Candidates are invited to apply for membership in the Research School on Peace and Conflict. Members get direct access to research courses, as well as to internal seminars and generic skills training with leading experts.
Deadline: 7 August 2017
The Research School on Peace and Conflict is a collaboration between The University of Oslo (UiO), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO). The school offers advanced research training for the next generation of peace and conflict scholars by building on, and expanding, networks and expertise at UiO, NTNU, PRIO and beyond. The collaboration is characterized by multidisciplinary approaches to peace and conflict issues, international profile and outlook, and research excellence. For further information about the school, please visit: www.PeaceConflictResearch.org
Who can apply?
It is a prerequisite for applicants that they:
- have been accepted in a PhD program at an institution which awards academic degrees
- have funding for their PhD (the research school does not provide funding)
- are in the beginning of their PhD period (generally in the first year)
Applications must include:
- a short version of your project description (max 5 pages plus references)
- a half page letter of motivation, including name of university and department, name of supervisor(s), discipline (and sub-discipline if applicable) and, PhD project title.
- a CV
- a certificate of acceptance at a PhD program and funding confirmation
The research school’s rules of participation
Decisions on membership will be announced in September 2017. About 10 new members will be admitted. If you have any queries, or would like to submit your application, please contact: Marte Nilsen ([email protected]), and mark your e-mail with the subject line [Call for members: query] or [Call for members: application].