Call for Applications, Summer Seminar on New American Leadership
Presidential elections in the USA arouse a very interesting and meaningful global policy debate.
At the beginning, international issues were not considered as strong points of Donald Trump’s election campaign. Now when he has become president of the USA, it is necessary to keep in mind that the execution of his foreign policy program may lead to a total transformation of the global system.
During the course, we analyze how the American political system works in order to a better understanding of what impact may produce the new presidency of Donald Trump on key political issues in Spain and in the world.
Society forContemporary Studies KOSMOS-POLIS (www.kosmospolis.com) invites professionals, graduate (BA level) and post-graduate students (MA and PhD) to apply for the first two-day Summer Seminar on NEW AMERICAN LEADERSHIP which will be held from July 3-4, 2017 with participation of the best experts in international relations and USA politics.
The school will be hosted by UCAM – Catholic University of Murcia (in the Campus of los Jerónimos– it is Hieronymites Monastery, National Historic-Artistic Monument since 1981).
Closing conference will be held in the Royal Casino of Murcia, one of the most beautiful and emblematic buildings of the city, and pronounced by Stanley George Payne (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_G._Payne)
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- The school is open to participants from all countries;
- BA, MA and PhD students interested in global and US politics;
- Members of diplomatic staffs;
- Private and public practitioners interested in the fieldof international relations;
- Anyone who is interested in global and US politics and the craft of generating ideas for future collaboration.
- Participation fee is just 60€ (45€ for students) for two days which covers tuition at the University, closure in the Royal Casino and complete two day cultural programme. The number of seats is limited;
- Participants will have to cover their own transportation costs and hotel (the list of the hotel you can ask to [email protected] There are various options and special prices.
- We do not cover costs for travel, accommodation and any other expenses.However, we could facilitate you any information. You have very nice beaches to Murcia in less than 1 hour by car, and spend there a very nice weekend/week with manypossibilities of Surf, Navigation, etc.
Benefits: CULTURAL PROGRAMME INCLUDED (EXCURSION to Caravaca de La Cruz which is considered to be one of the five holy cities in the world, and a key destination for pilgrims and travellers, especially during its 2017 Jubilee Year. ANDNocturnal excursion to Murcia)