Call for Applications, Prishtina International Summer University 2018
The Prishtina International Summer University (PISU) is organized by the University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina” in cooperation with various donors and partners. The aim of PISU is creation of direct links to regional and international universities as well as the advancement of the methodology of teaching and the increase of scientific research capacities. The Summer University gathers academics, professors and students from all around the world aiming thus the mutual exchange of their academic experiences and offers the possibility to learn more about Kosova.
The University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina” will organize the 18th edition of Prishtina International Summer University, which will be held from 09-20 July 2018. It will be offering 13 credited courses covering a wide range of study fields such as social sciences, law, economics, arts, education, medicine, engineering, linguistics, agronomics, archaeology etc.
The Summer University is open to academics, professors and students from all around the world
- Selected visiting professors will be paid a modest allowance 600 EUR (gross) for the whole course.
- The UP does not cover costs for (additional health, molest or travel) insurance. The UP has no obligations concerning social and/or health. Please also check the validity of your health and travel insurance for Kosovo.
- Once you have been selected as a visiting professor, PISU staff will purchase your ticket as soon as possible in order to contain the expenses made for travel reimbursements (during previous years late bookings resulted in extraordinary high prices for airfare). In case of impossibility of PISU staff to provide you with tickets, you can purchase your ticket. Any costs that are not reasonably related to travelling to the PISU directly will not be reimbursed, e.g. unnecessary long stop overs, and subsequently, high hotel costs.
- PISU staff will make housing arrangements. Visiting professors will stay in a dormitory. Accommodation costs will be covered by the organization. The organization will arrange accommodation to cover your teaching period, plus 3 days preceding and/or following your teaching period if necessary (depending on the dates of your arrival and departure).
- Three daily meals provided at the student restaurant.
The hosting university, University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina” defines selection criteria. Generally speaking, course proposals matching with or adding to the course suggestions provided by the university departments (based on their priorities and needs) have a substantial chance of being accepted. Additionally, departments are especially interested in hosting international teaching faculty who have the intention to develop future institutionalized co-operation with the UP. Furthermore, if no appropriate local counterpart, i.e. co-professor can be appointed for your course, the PISU Committee may prefer to select a different course/visiting professor, even though your application material is of high quality.
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.