Call for Applications, International Summer University 2017 in Kőszeg, Hungary
The current crisis of the EU and the dynamics of shifting global powers brings the region of Central Europe into a new era of uncertainty. Different nation states and political elites play a balancing act between national solidarity and EU cooperation, neoliberal free market economy and state sanctions on trade and flows of capital. At the same time, these countries are trying to transform state and society relations.
From 20 August to 1 September 2017, we welcome academics and students from all around the world and the region to discussions and dialogues about the challenges and possibilities for the region of Central Europe. Fostering intellectual input from young and senior scholars, and developing cooperative networks among academics and professionals are seen as important factors of social change. Participants are encouraged to address the complexities of current transformations, and our growing social responsibility in re-imagining Central Europe.
- The Crisis of European Narratives – Where is Central Europe?
- New Wars – Security, Terrorism and Technologies of Surveillance
- Europe, Greece, Turkey and the Balkans
- Central Europe and the Illiberal State
- Changing Gender Dynamics in Central Europe: States and Civil Rights
- Politics and Popular Culture
- Central Europe 4.0 – the New Industrial Revolution in the 21st Century
- III International KRAFT (Creative Cities – Sustainable Regions) Conference
- The Future of Science in Central Europe
- The Future of Universities
Students pursuing their BA, MA or PhD degrees and have academic and/or professional interest and enthusiasm for the topic.
Participation fee is EUR 500 (tuition)
Limited scholarships are available!
(scholarships include free accommodation and meals)
To be eligible for scholarship, please send us the following:
- completed application form
- a 2-page statement on the topic of your academic interest
- July 31, 2017 (EU)
- June 30, 2017 (outside EU)
In order to apply, .