Call for Applications, Internship Opportunity at SEEDIG / Ljubljana, Slovenia
Since 2015, SEEDIG has been working on facilitating discussions and collaboration on Internet-related issues among stakeholders in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area. It has done so through annual meetings, and other activities carried year-long.
Preparations are now underway for SEEDIG’s fourth annual meeting, which will be held on 23–24 May, in Ljubljana, Slovenia. In parallel, intersessional activities include, among others, a monthly summary of Internet governance and digital policy developments in the region, and monthly briefings that gather stakeholders from the region to discuss the developments.
SEEDIG is looking for highly motivated interns to assist the Executive Committee in organising the Ljubljana meeting and carrying out other activities. The deadline for applications is 25 January 2018.
A SEEDIG intern needs to have a passion for digital policy, and a desire to strengthen SEE’s position on the Internet governance map!
We expect candidates to meet the following requirements:
- Originally from, or residing in a country in South Eastern Europe or the neighbouring area.
- Knowledge of and interest in Internet governance and digital policy.
- Familiarity with Internet governance processes, in general, and IGF initiatives, in particular.
- A very good level of English.
- Availability to work 8-10 hours/week.
Of particular interest are candidates who have skills and experience in digital design (web design, graphic design, video production, etc.).
Interns will work online, under the supervision of the SEEDIG Executive Committee. They will contribute to activities related to the planning of the Ljubljana meeting, as well as to the execution of intersessional activities.
Interns will not be remunerated. Based on their performance, they may be provided with travel and accommodation support to attend the SEEDIG 2018 meeting.
The initial internship is offered for a period of three months, with the possibility of extension.
SEEDIG interns get an opportunity to:
- Make a difference for the region, by being an active part of what was recently described as ‘one of the most valuable and important and valuable bodies in SEE’.
- Join the SEEDIG community, and Interact with people who work on digital policy and Internet governance issues.
- Acquire experience in planning multistakeholder events, conducting surveys and other research, writing communications and outreach materials, etc.
Want to know more? Read the testimonials of our 2017 interns.
Fill in the application form by 25 January 2018.
All applications are reviewed by the Executive Committee. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews and, possibly, short written tests (to directly assess whether the candidates meet the eligibility criteria). For example, we could ask you to write a short text (some 150 words) about an Internet governance development or event.
Send us an e-mail at [email protected]