Call for Applications, The CGI Rising Experts Program in the Washington, D.C.
The CGI Rising Experts Program brings together young professionals working and/or conducting research in the field of Russian and Eurasian studies in the Washington, D.C. area for monthly networking and discussion events. The program is capped at 20 participants to foster an environment conducive to the creation of meaningful and lasting professional relationships.
During the course of nine months (September 2017 – May 2018), participants will meet with leading experts engaged in Russia and Eurasia through such fields as diplomacy, media and academia.
Past speakers include:
- Sergey Aleksashenko, former Deputy Finance Minister of Russia
- Samuel Charap, Senior Fellow, RAND Corporation
- Julia Gurganus, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Yevgeny Minchenko, Leading Russian political consultant
- Steven Lee Myers, New York Times correspondent and author of The New Tsar
- Angela Stent, CERES Director, Georgetown University
Through collaborative discourse with their peers, participants also have the opportunity to seek feedback on their own projects and research. At the conclusion of the program, each participant will have an opportunity to write an analytical piece (800-1250 words) on a region-relevant topic for publication in print form and on the Center’s website.
CGI seeks young professionals who meet the following criteria:
- Are between the ages of 22 and 35;
- Will reside in the Washington, D.C. area for the duration of the program;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in political science, international studies, or a related field;
- Are current graduate students or practitioners in the government, media, or nonprofit sectors;
- Show a demonstrated professional or academic commitment to the Russia/Eurasia region.
How to apply
Please send a current resume and letter of intent describing how the applicant will benefit from the program to Andrey Sazonov at [email protected] by midnight on Monday, August 7. Selected participants will be notified via email by Friday, August 11.