Call for applications for Doctoral students – Rome, Italy
The COLLEGIO UNIVERSITARIO DEI CAVALIERI DEL LAVORO “LAMARO POZZANI” is offering up to five places for the academic year 2017-2018 to overseas students who are registered for PhD courses at universities located in Rome, or to PhD students who are visiting a Rome university for between 3 and 12 months.
Successful applicants will be required to be resident in the College, where they will be given free board and lodging as well as access to all the college facilities including sports facilities, computer room and leisure areas, subject to the conditions set out in the college regulations. Successful candidates will be required to hold one or two seminars a month in English on topics relating to their field of study for undergraduate and masters students living in the College.
The following are eligible to apply:
- Candidates must not be Italian citizens and must be registered for a PhD course for the academic year 2017/18 or have been accepted as a Visiting student (for a period of between three and 12 months) at a university based in Rome
- Candidates must be under 35 years of age at the closing date for applications
- Candidates are responsible (with or without the help of the university at which they are studying) for obtaining all necessary residence permits, visas, etc.
- Candidates must have an adequate knowledge of English. This may be ascertained by means of an online interview with the interviewing panel.
Applications will be assessed by a panel set up by the Federazione Nazionale dei Cavalieri del Lavoro (National Federation of Holders of the Order of Merit for Labour).
Applications should be sent to the following email address [email protected] by September 15, 2017 and should include the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Academic CV/résumé (maximum 5 pages)
It is possible, but not obligatory, to send in addition a maximum of two letters of recommendation. These should be sent by referees directly to the email address [email protected]
Successful applicants will be notified by September 25, 2017.