Call for Applications for the Master in Human Rights and Conflict Management (Pisa, Italy) – 2018
The Master in Human Rights and Conflict Management is designed to provide students from different cultures and backgrounds with a deep understanding of the linkages between human rights and conflict management theory and practice. The curriculum, strongly field oriented, prepares participants for working with NGOs, governments, aid agencies, the UN system and regional organisations, also operating in the context of complex emergencies and joint operations.
The Programme is divided into two didactic modules, running between mid January and the end of July 2018, followed by an internship or field experience of min. 3 and max. 6 months, starting from August 2018, and a presentation of the students’ final dissertation in spring 2019.
- 1 year post-graduate professionalizing and field-oriented programme
- Interdisciplinary nature of the programme with a methodology characterized by a combination of theory and practice
- Lecturers and trainers chosen among high level academics, diplomats, international organizations officers and NGOs activists, thus offering a wealth of both academic and field expertise
- Mandatory internship/field experience in leading organisations working in the areas of human rights protection/promotion, conflict prevention/resolution, humanitarian assistance or development, either in the field or at Headquarters
- Career service with specific sessions on career coaching and recruiting session with UNV
- International and multicultural student environment
The curriculum is strongly multidisciplinary and field oriented and includes courses in: International Law, International Humanitarian Law, International Human Rights Law, Geopolitics, HRs philosophical dimension, Economic Development, Theories and Techniques of Conflict Management, International PK and PB operations, International HR Field operations, International Election Observation missions, International Humanitarian operations, International Project Development, Personal security, Stress Management, Preventive Medicine & First Aid, Essentials of Research and Writing, Career coaching.
The internship is meant to supplement the in-class training with a relevant hand-on experience, to be carried out with a renowned organization working in the areas of human rights protection/promotion, conflict prevention/resolution, humanitarian assistance or development, either in the field or at headquarters.
You should apply if you are looking for a professionalizing and mission/fieldoriented international master programme, as offered by the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, an example of academic excellence in training and research. If your training needs include practical skills, besides relevant theoretical knowledge, as well as internship/field-experience with prestigious international organizations, this training programme, which has reached the XVI edition, is highly relevant for you.
T / Fee
The tuition fee for the full Programme is 7.500,00 euros, payable in two installments. It covers the following: attendance costs and participation to field trips, didactic material (in electronic format), tutorship, lunch (on class and exam days), access to all facilities of the Scuola (including library and computer rooms). It does not include accommodation costs in Pisa and during the internship, nor travel expenses.
The Master Programme offers two tuition fee waivers of €4.000,00, one to the EU participant who receives the highest score out of the selection of EU candidates and one to the non EU participant who receives the highest score out of the first round of selection.
Non EU candidates:
- 1st round: July 4, 2017 | CLOSED
- 2nd round: September 4, 2017 | APPLICATION ON LINE
- September 19, 2017 | APPLICATION ON LINE
If you have any questions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.