Call for Applications for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Law (Budapest)
The Hungarian Academy of Sciences Centre for Social Sciences Institute for Legal Studies (hereinafter HAS CSS ILS) and the Pázmány Péter Catholic University Faculty of Law and Political Sciences (hereinafter Pázmány Law) established this joint fellowship programme in order to enhance their international competitiveness in research and education through involving postdoctoral foreign researchers in their academic work. The programme will be for a period of 10 months.
Postdoctoral researchers with a professional level of English language knowledge are invited to apply for a fellowship programme at the HAS CSS ILS and Pázmány Law. Knowledge of Hungarian is not required.
The applicant is expected to:
- develop and provide at least four graduate level lectures per week that are each a minimum of 45 minutes in duration at Pázmány Law;
- actively participate in the most important scholarly events and programmes of the HAS CSS ILS and the PPCE FLPS; and
- help to strengthen the international relations of the HAS CSS ILS and Pázmány Law.
Any area of law, with a preference for comparative law, public international law or European law.
In the framework of the fellowship programme, the HAS CSS ILS and Pázmány Law
- will offer foreign researchers a ‘joint position’ for 10 months at the two host institutions;
- will provide teaching and research facilities;
- will offer 458,300 HUF gross salary per month (approximately HUF 300,000 after taxes);
- will provide accommodation;
- will provide an opportunity for renowned researchers to further develop their scholarly activity and experience at our institutions; and
- will ensure that foreign researchers are fully involved in the scholarly work of the institutions and are able to participate in scholarly events and programmes.
Selected applicants will be employed from September 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018 in joint positions at the HAS CSS ILS (“research fellow”) and the Pázmány Law (“adjunct professor”).
1. The signed application should be sent electronically to the e-mail address [email protected] The application shall include the applicant’s: (1) detailed curriculum vitae; (2) publication list; (3) electronic versions of three publications that the applicant feels represents his/her best work; (4) presentation of ongoing research; and (5) a motivation letter. The motivation letter should contain: (a) a research plan; (b) a proper syllabus of at least two graduate courses to be offered; and (c) a description as to how the applicant will be affiliated with the host institutions. The application must be submitted in English. Applications must be sent to the above e-mail address on or before 12.00 (Central European Time) on 30 April 2017.
2. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No legal remedy is possible on substantive grounds regarding the selection process or the results.
3. Applications will be reviewed by the Director of the HAS CSS ILS and the Vice-Dean of Pázmány Law based on the estimated value of the applicant’s actual research, the significance of the scientific results expected from the cooperation and the anticipated effect of the cooperation on the Hungarian academic community. If necessary, Skype interviews can be arranged.
4. Successful applications will be approved by the General Director of the HAS CSS and the Dean of the PPCE FLPS based on the ranking of the committee.
5. The results of the selection process will be communicated to the applicants via e-mail on or before May 19, 2017.
6. The HAS CSS ILS and the PPCE FLPS will provide the fellowship to the selected researcher through two parallel contracts.