Call for Applications, Elan Haiti 2018
Groupe ECHO Haiti (GECH) is a youth association from Haiti created in 2010. Its mission is to reinforce the capacity of the Haitian youth while taking concrete action to significantly impact the development of Haiti. As part of its mission, GECH decided to carry through its Youth Operations Department (DOJ), an event that will educate young people about Haiti’s problems while giving them the ability to formulate and carry out projects and joint actions for the development of the country. This event called ELAN Haiti is a rendezvous for young people in Haiti and around the world who have a strong vision and commitment to the future of Haiti.
ELAN Haiti 2018 is the third edition of the International Youth Symposium to be held in Jacmel, Haiti from May 18 to 21, 2018. The symposium will lead to a series of exchanges, conferences, tours, workshops and roundtables dedicated to a deep reflection focused on Haiti, among young students and active leaders or Haitians and internationals. Discussions will focus on the following themes: Health, Local Governance, Civic Engagement and Spatial Planning and will be guided by experts and opinion leaders from Haiti and elsewhere in order to lead to the formulation of four concrete projects to solve the main problems identified by these young people.
To ensure the success of this project, GECH is looking for outstanding young candidates with a track record in leadership to take part in its third edition of the youth leadership forum; ELAN Haiti.
- Must be between 18 and 30 years old
- Must be a student, young professional, entrepreneur and / or social leader
- Must be able to demonstrate an interest to help the progress of Haiti
- Must demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Must be willing to work and collaborate with various groups
- Must be available to attend the conference from May 18 to 21 2018 if selected
- Must be willing, if selected, to follow up with the execution of an action project that will result from the event for a period of 1 year
- Applicants must be able to communicate fluently in at least one of the three working languages of the event: French, Creole and English
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and be able to project a credible image of young ambassador.
Application is free.
We encourage young people of all backgrounds in Haiti and abroad to apply. Assessments will be based on the criteria described above. Candidates are reminded that only completed applications will be reviewed by the selection committee.
For more information, contact us at the following address: [email protected]
Thank you for starting your application! Elan Haiti 2018 is an International Youth Symposium which is composed of a series of conferences, guided tours, workshops and round tables devoted to a deep reflection focused on Haiti between young students, managers and active entrepreneurs, Haitians or foreigners. Discussions will focus on the following themes: civism, health, local governance and spatial planning. These discussions will be guided by experts and opinion leaders from Haiti and elsewhere to arrive at the formulation of four (4) concrete projects identified by the participants. These young people will volunteer for one year to carry out the identified projects.
N.B .: This form does not save the current fill. First, make sure you prepare your answers and have a good connection to complete the form completely. Also, this form requires the uploading of two documents (CV and letter of reference) that must also be prepared before starting the filling.
In order to apply, register HERE.