Call for Applications, Model European Union Strasbourg 2018
oin us from 21st to 28th April 2018 for the next edition of Model European Union Strasbourg, the original and authoritative simulation of European politics. We were founded in the spring of 2007 by a group of university students and have since grown to be the world’s largest and most authentic simulation of the EU’s decision-making process. Bringing together 200 young Europeans, our intense, weeklong conference is held inside the European Parliament in Strasbourg – and the two topics discussed this edition are the countering terrorism and third country nationals access to the internal market. During the conference, you will have the chance to test yourself and interact with others in a professional but friendly environment, where you experience the internal functioning of the EU first hand. The official language of MEU Strasbourg is English, but there will be interpretation into all major European Languages!
Anyone officially residing on one of the following states is eligible to apply:
- All 28 EU Member States
- EFTA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland
- Eastern Partnership Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
- Southern Mediterranean Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia
- Western Balkans: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia
- Russian Federation
- Republic of Turkey
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Applicants must be between 18 and 26 years of age throughout the duration of the conference.
In order to participate, you need to have your application submitted and accepted, be able to cover your travel costs both to and from Strasbourg and pay the 150€ participation fee (75€ for participants from Strasbourg). The participation fee covers the accommodation in Strasbourg as well as breakfasts and lunches, social events and transportation within the city.
In order to successfully complete your application, you must:
- Attach your CV
- Fill out the Application form;
- Write a short motivation letter (250 words ±10%)*;
- Answer ONE essay question (500 words ±10%, no endnotes)*
- Upload any document required for your application;
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, please write to: email@example.com.