Call for Proposals: Junior Researcher in Residence in Munich, Germany
As part of the support program for young scholars, the Center for Advanced Studies at LMU Munich (CASLMU) is offering research stays for the summer term 2018 as Junior Researcher in Residence.
The funding program „Junior Researcher in Residence“ at the Center for Advanced Studies is aimed at outstanding young scholars of the LMU, in particular from the fields of humanities as well as cultural and social sciences, who, on the one hand, are looking to reach a wider university and expert audience for their qualification level, and on the other hand require optimal conditions for the further development or completion of their projects.
- The program is particularly aimed at academic staff members and scholarship recipients from the fields of humanities, cultural studies and social sciences at LMU Munich who, within their qualification level, seek a wider university and professional audience on the one hand, and who require optimal conditions for advancing or completing their research projects on the other hand;
- A duration of one semester is envisaged for the research stay;
- Applications are open to academic staff members and scholarship recipients of LMU Munich whose dissertation has been completed to an excellent standard.
During the research stay, recipients will be provided with:
- A workspace at CAS;
- Benefit from the comprehensive facilities on offer;
- Access to material expenses of up to EUR 15,000 for the holding of workshops or conferences, or with which to invite guest scholars.
The status of a Junior Researcher in Residence includes a workspace in the Seestraße building and the use of the extensive resources of CASLMU. In the context of the research project in question, workshops and conferences can be held and both national and international visiting fellows invited.
For university assistants, the program also includes the possibility to reduce the prescribed teaching workload and compensate for the loss of seminar time.
How to apply?
The basis for an application is an outline (4-5 pages) of the intended research project to be realized during the period of the research stay at CASLMU.
Applications should also contain relevant credentials and a résumé including a list of publications.
A guideline how to applicate can be found at the bottom of this page. In order to strengthen the role of women in research, young female scholars are strongly encouraged to apply.
Further information can be obtained from Dr. Moritz Baumstark.
Please send your complete application by post and electronically (in one PDF file) to the director of the Center for Advanced Studies by 15 September 2017:
Prof. Dr. Christof Rapp
Center for Advanced Studies CASLMU
Note: Please send your electronic application material combined into one PDF file.
Application deadline is 15 September 2017 (Date of Postmark).