Urban Land Governance Specialization Internship
The Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) is a center of urban expertise of Erasmus University Rotterdam. Looking at cities from different perspectives, they educate urban professionals from diverse backgrounds, consult national and local governments from the Global South and engage in cutting-edge urban research. Bringing practical experience from real-life projects back to the classroom, they inspire collaboration and co-creation of urban knowledge. Together with the partners, they work at the forefront of urban development to improve the wellbeing of people living in cities across the globe.
- The candidate should be a student at a Dutch or foreign university (with a Residence Permit for the Netherlands) in a graduate/undergraduate (Master/Bachelor) study programme that requires a work placement/ internship at an international organisation like IHS;
- Creative and pro-active attitude in teamwork, but also able to work independently;
- Able to work on several things at the same time and with deadlines;
- International (work) experience in a multicultural environment is an asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Very strong organisational skills;
- Excellent computer skills, such as a good use of Microsoft Office applications.
- They offer a cost compensation of 300 euros gross per month for undergraduate students and 500 euros gross per month for master students.
- The intern position is available in Rotterdam, the Netherlands for at least five and preferably twelve months and needs a presence of 40 hrs per week, working regular office hours.
How to Apply?
By email to Ms Oreoluwa Fika: [email protected]
- Please include “Urban Land Governance Specialization” in the subject line and send us;
- A letter of motivation;
- A detailed CV;
- Copy of your passport;
- For non-EU candidates: a copy of the back and front side of your residence permit for the Netherlands;
- Availability date.