Max Planck Institute for Software Systems Internship
Internships provide an opportunity for exceptionally well-qualified undergraduate and graduate students to take part in research projects at the MPI for Software Systems. Interns are expected to tackle new and challenging research problems in close collaboration with graduate students and faculty at the institute. Successful internships often result in coauthored publications at top academic conferences.
Only a limited number of internship positions are available each year, and admissions are very competitive. Candidates are selected based on their academic achievements (e.g., honors, course grades, prior project experience) as well as their interest and motivation in pursuing original research in different areas of software systems. Selection process might also involve a phone interview with promising candidates.
Institute consider internship applications from students (Bachelor, Master and Doctoral) and industry employees interested in pursuing graduate studies. You are welcome to apply if you satisfy the following criteria:
- You are interested in academic research in Computer Science in at least one of the research areas we cover. See our website for a list of research areas and researchers;
- You have a strong background in Computer Science and in the relevant area(s) of research. Having completed coursework equivalent to the first three years of a Computer Science undergraduate program at the start of your internship, or having prior experience doing research in the relevant area(s) is usually enough background;
- Your academic record is excellent, irrespective of its length.
Selected applicants receive monthly stipends during their stay. They are provided free housing by the institute, and are reimbursed for their travel expenses to the institute.
How to Apply?
Activate Account using Max Planck Institute application for Software Systems then:
- Submit your email address;
- Confirm by clicking the link in your email;
- Log in or create account.
After you create an account you may register additional email addresses.