One Year Full-Time Paid Internship at the ICRC!
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has an opening for a full time paid traineeship in the internal communication unit in Geneva.
Purpose of the post:
The internal communication unit is facing growing demands for advice on internal communication and with regards to the pertinent use of the intranet. A trainee provides valuable support to the team and contributes to the development of communication tools.
- Contribute to articles and/or interviews for the intranet in coordination with the intranet editor in chief.
- Publish content on the ICRC intranet via the content management system (CMS).
- Help create multimedia content for the intranet (animated videos, video interviews, animated presentations, infographics).
- Help ensure regular publication of the human resources e-newsletter.
- Support organization of all staff meetings and other (on-line) events.
- Support the head of unit in the establishment of internal communication plans for ICRC departments/projects and delegations.
- Contribute to the implementation of these communication plans in coordination with the head of unit.
Training and experience required:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in communications or in a related field.
- Experience in communication or internal communication an asset.
- Experience with online tools such as Prezi, Powtoon etc.
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) an asset.
- Experience in web or graphic design an asset.
Profile and skills sought:
- Fluency in written and spoken English (native an asset).
- Proficiency in French.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Well organized and diligent.
- Good team player.
- Able to work independently and autonomously when required.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Sharepoint etc.).
- Motivated to learn and to develop new skills.
- Paid traineeship
- Length of Assignment : 12 months
- Starting Date : 2nd March 2017 or earlier
Interested candidates should send their application (CV and motivation letter) to Nicole Engelbrecht (mailto:[email protected]) by 09.01 2017
Application files should include the following elements:
- A cover letter in English
- Exact dates of availability
- One letter of reference (English or French)
- A complete CV
- Two additional references (name, function and phone number)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted subsequently for interviews. Please be aware that the ICRC is not in a position to cover any related travel or accommodation costs.
NB: Only students or graduates with less than one year’s professional experience (or less than two years as an intern) will be considered