Internship: Would you like to be the new AER intern on EU projects & funding?
Are you interested to learn and to be part of the team working on EU projects for the largest independent network of regions in Europe?
We are looking for an intern to join the Project Unit at our Brussels Office, supervised by the European Projects & Private Partnerships coordinator.
Your main tasks will be:
- Mapping calls for proposals and collecting information on funding (both based on desk research and by participating to relevant events as Info Days on funding programmes)
- Supporting AER’s projects team in its partner searches and follow-ups with its members.
- Writing articles on the results of your mapping
- Contributing to the implementation of ongoing projects for all concerning activities and finances
- Providing inputs in terms of drafting documents to join new project proposals
Finally, the intern will assist the team in general office management tasks.
This is who we are
Here are the things that are great about our workplace:
- We are a team where everybody is treated equally
- We are also a very great team, with awesome people on board
- The thing we work for is super cool: who could be against helping people across Europe to work together?
- It is a place for personal growth, as you get to work with so many very different people with different backgrounds your horizon widens and you change
- We use cloud-based team collaboration tools, which allows us to keep in close contact. despite frequent travels and different locations – and, it helps us for community building.
This is the best place for you if…
- You have any knowledge or previous experience in European project management and funding.
- You have excellent knowledge of both oral and written English. Knowledge of any other European languages is considered as a useful asset of your work here.
- You are self-motivated and have interest in helping people to work together on tackling challenges.
- You are able to perform tasks autonomously and take responsibilities as well as to coordinate your work with the rest of the team.
- You are a creative person and problem-solving oriented.
AER is happy to offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain a practical experience in the field of projects funded by European programmes.
- Be in contact with high ranking politicians, project officers and partners across Europe and get inspired by them.
- Learn about regions and get a deeper insight into current European political issues
- Work in a dynamic, multinational and multicultural environment
- Develop personal responsibility and initiative
- Gain invaluable experience in an international professional environment
The internship period will be 6 months, starting in August/September.
From your arrival onward, you will be considered as full team member.
Before applying, please keep in mind…
A contract for internship must be signed by AER, the trainee and the sending University/School/Institute.
You will receive a monthly financial contribution of 150 EUR during your internship period. Travel and living costs must be covered by the intern.
In case of a citizen of non-EU country, please make sure that you meet all the legal requirements (visa, residence permit, etc) to stay in Brussels as specified by the Belgian Law for foreigners. Health insurance must be ensured during your stay.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining us and making AER your next professional experience, please send us your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by 27th of July h 12:00 (CET), with email subject “AER European Project Intern”.
Interviews take place from 1st August to 10th August.
For further questions, do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail to [email protected]