Markets Editorial Internship at Business Insider in NYC
Business Insider is an American news site, which also has international editions in the UK, Australia, China, Germany, France, India, Italy, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Nordics, Poland and Singapore. A fast-growing news site, it covers everything from deep financial analysis to modern technology and media.
Business Insider’s markets team is looking for someone who is fascinated by financial news and wants to tell the world about it.
The ideal intern will be someone who is following the price of oil and gold, the Nikkei in Japan, and the latest developments from the Fed.
We’re looking for someone who gets a thrill out of scouring earning reports, economic data, and futures markets for the next big story. The ideal intern:
- Is a markets data junkie who gets excited by spikes in the DXY, the latest Fed policy decisions and the next big IPO;
- Is ready to write short posts that analyze the most interesting nuggets of information about popular stocks;
- Has the ability to work at lightning speed;
- Has impeccable writing and editing skills;
- Has experience curating editorial content and web production;
- Is experienced using social media to cover news and engage with users;
- As a plus, may have worked in finance in a previous role.
Our interns are an integral part of our team, and many of our current writers and editors started as interns. We seek out self-starters and people who are enthusiastic about collaborating with other reporters, video producers, social media editors, and other team members.
This is a full-time internship position at our Flatiron headquarters in New York City. The internship will run for three to six months, and interns are expected to work 40 hours per week.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can apply online via the application form.
Make sure to attach a resume and cover letter telling us why you’re the right person for the internship.
For more information please visit the official website.