Apply for Creative Rural Hub Build Camp 2017 in Ukraine
Join us to build Creative Rural Hub for makers, artists, architects, scientists and all creatives! We are organising a build camp, where with the help of volunteers and professionals the initial set of works is completed, and the space is ready for hosting first creative residents. As a reward volunteers will get opportunity to learn how to work with various materials and tools, and visit local landmarks on weekends. A series of workshops will be organised in between the main work, to introduce volunteers to local crafts and culture.
Creative Rural Hub is located in the small village Verhnij Verbizh in Ivano Frankivsk district, Ukraine. Western Ukraine is famous for its craftsmanship, rich cultural inheritance and beautiful nature of Carpathian Mountains. We want to provide anyone from around the world with this opportunity and link local creatives to broader international community. Property is well linked to public transport but at the same time secluded from the main roads. It is in the centre of village and close to historic town Kolomyja. Volunteers will be provided with transfer from local airport (Ivano-Frankivsk), or train station (Kolomyja).
3 weeks starting from 15th of August. The idea is to have three groups of people (10 max simultaneously), a week for each group, so in total 30 people will visit the camp.
- Week one (15-22 August) will be focused on the Infrastructure and setting up working space (old barn)
- Week two (23-29 August) will be focused on the renovation and setting up space for newbuild (foundation for geodesic dome)
- Week three (30 August – 05 September) will be focused on building geodesic dome.
You can join us for one, two or three weeks.
The following skills are appreciated but not required: building skills, decoration skills, craft skills (furniture renovation), artistic skills.
€30 collected via our indiegogo campaign. The participation fee covers transfers and the food during the build camp. Participants are responsible for covering their daily expenses, visa (if required), travel costs to and from the camp venue.
- Accommodation: in tents in the garden. Please bring a tent, a sleep mat and a sleeping bag. For those who want more comfort within 5 min walk there is a hotel (£10/night appx).
- Food & drinks (breakfast, lunch, snacks) provided. Volunteers will share the duties of cooking meals and cleaning. Volunteers will be eating mainly local, organic food. Special diets can be accommodated.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, please write to: [email protected].