JASSO Student Exchange Support Program
Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) offers scholarship for qualified international students who are accepted by a Japanese university, graduate school, junior college, college of technology (3rd grade or upper) or professional training college (hereinafter referred to as “Japanese school”) under a student exchange agreement or other student exchange arrangement on a short-term basis from 8 days to one year between Japanese school and their home higher educational institution outside Japan (hereinafter referred to as “home school”).
- Students enrolled in a regular course of study in a higher educational institution outside Japan (home school);
- Be accepted by Japanese school under a student exchange agreement or other student exchange arrangement with their home school;
- Demonstrating excellent academic and personal records at their home school;
- Students not having the financial means to study in Japan;
- Students, upon termination of the period of study in Japan, will complete their studies at their home school;
- Students eligible for ‘Student Visa’. For study in Japan for 90 days or less, Japanese school will arrange the status of residence.
The total monthly stipend for the scholarship (JPY 80,000 approximately 700 USD per month). Students cannot receive any other scholarship from the Japanese government together with this scholarship.
How to Apply?
- Applications for the scholarship will be accepted through Japanese school. Direct applications from home higher educational institutions outside Japan or students will not be accepted;
- Upon screening the application documents submitted by Japanese school, JASSO will decide the programs and the number of students and notice the results to Japanese school;
- The recruiting period and the selection method of exchange students are different from each school and each program. For further information and inquiry, applicants are advised to ask each Japanese school or home school.
For more information please visit the official web page