Young Leaders Programme
The European Commission is looking for 16 extraordinary young people (aged 21-26) from across the world, with proven commitment and community engagement, to represent the work and impact on development achieved by youth. Young people are ‘movers and shakers’ in their communities and countries, and are key to solving the universal challenges outlined in the European Development Days 2017 programme.
The 16 selected Young Leaders will be invited to Brussels, Belgium, and all expenses (Visa, travel, accommodation) will be covered by the European Commission.
During their visit to Brussels, Young Leaders get the chance to visit European institutions, participate in workshops, meet key policymakers and interact with other young people driving change around the world. They will speak at various sessions and enjoy full access to the whole conference. Travel and accommodation is covered by the European Commission.
- Applicants must be between 21 and 26 at the time of the forum (7-8 June 2017);
- Applications are open to young adults from all around the world, without restriction of nationality;
- Applications must be submitted in one of the following official European Commission languages: English / French /Spanish;
- The candidate must be able to speak clearly and comprehensively in one of these languages, as well as have a mandatory intermediate level of English;
- Applicants must be able to travel to and participate in EDD 2017 in Brussels (Belgium) from 31 May to 10 June 2017.
As a Young Leader, you will be invited to come to EDD 2017 in Brussels, to speak in the Auditorium panel discussions of the forum, along with key political leaders. You will have the opportunity to present your story and challenging ideas to the audience, and to engage with key global actors, including governments and international organisations delegations.
In addition to speaking in the forum’s highest-level debates, you will have the opportunity to participate in other sessions to help shape the development policies and practices of the 2030 Agenda.
How to Apply?
In order to apply for the Young Leaders Programme, please submit your application before Thursday 9 March 2017 at 1pm CET (Central European Time).
You can follow these easy steps:
- Go to the website on the Young Leaders page and click on the button APPLY NOW;
- If you don’t have a profile, create one on our website, inserting your information, including your email address;
- Don’t forget to tick the box “I want to apply for the Young Leaders Programme” when you create your profile!
- You will receive in your inbox a confirmation of the creation of your profile;
- Click on the activation link, and you will reach your profile page;
- Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to create your application – please note that, in order to be evaluated, your application has to be complete and submitted before the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
More information on the official website.