Young Connectors of the Future programme
SI seeks to compose a diverse and balanced group in terms of gender, age, geography, skills and experiences in order to enable a dynamic learning environment. The applicant’s ability to contribute to the programme is also taken into account alongside the extent to which the programme is expected to strengthen the applicant in his or her work for social change.
The Young Connectors of the Future is an intensive programme with a full-day schedule and many evening activities and all selected participants have to commit to participating in all activities of both Module 1 and 2
To apply to the programme you have to:
- Be an NGO leader, legal worker, journalist, social worker, cultural worker, social entrepreneur, civil servant, youth politician or in another type of leadership role
- Work actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights
- Be between 22 and 32 years old (born between 1985 – 1995)
- H0ave a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
Please note that they will not be able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements. Only completed applications will be considered.
Participation in the programme is offered free of charge and includes, meals, accommodation and travel expenses to Sweden. Some minor expenses may be expected during the stay in Sweden, depending on what the participants choose to do in their spare time and during the free days in the weekend.
How to apply?
Apply by filling out our YCF Application Form 2017 and by going to our application portal. Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. A complete application consists of:
- A completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons;
- An updated CV in English;
- A letter of recommendation in English* (no more than 500 words) from a person who knows your work in the areas of democracy or human rights. They prefer that you use our template for the letter of recommendation, but it’s not compulsory.
- A photo (not compulsory).